Last Sunday, July 2nd, was the big party that George and I had to celebrate our 25th anniversary. (Can it really be 25 years ago that we got together?) The party was also supposed to be the inauguration of my house organ. But the date was chosen arbitrarily, and Tim Hemry, the organ builder never promised, and the organ isn’t complete yet. But there’s good progress, and I hope in the next month or six weeks it will be finished.
He did deliver the console to my house on the Friday evening before the party, so there is something to show. (More pics posted soon.) The console is beautiful, as well as being in mint condition.
Now I’m anxious for the whole thing to be done!
I’m starting to get antsy to have the new organ installed in my house. Tim Hemry, the builder, is feeding me tantalizing photos every few days, so I know that progress is being made. The photo on the left shows the pipes being racked in the shop. They will eventually sit on top of the case that contains the wind chest. The photo on the right shows the stop tabs, just back from the engraver, using the font Skia that I chose for the engraving. They look great! Hopefully in the next month it will be in the house.
In January I signed a contract with Tim Hemry, a local organ builder, to make a small practice pipe organ for my house. This has meant that I had to clear out the studio where all of my computer equipment and my Chickering grand piano has been kept, along with about a ton of other stuff. George I spent the day today clearing out the closet and the studio, carrying enormous quantities to the basement, as well as out to the trash. I finally had to move my car to the street to have more room for filled trash bags in the garage. But as you can see from the photo, we accomplished the goal. The next step will be the installation of new flooring (wooden) in the room, and some electrical work. The installation will be in May or early June.